- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 2 hr 20 min
- Total: 2 hr 35 min
- Serving: 12
Traditional Flemish Beer Stew is served with boiled potatoes.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 medium onions, sliced
- 4 pounds boneless beef, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 cups beer
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- In heavy Dutch oven, saute onions in butter and brown lightly. Remove and brown beef cubes. Stir in flour, then broth a little at a time, stirring until smooth and thickened. Add remaining ingredients.
- Cover pot tightly and simmer over low heat for about 2 hours.