- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 8 min
- Total: 23 min
- Serving: Makes 18 to 20 Servings
Otherwise known as Gluhwein, Glogg mulled wine is red wine that has been heated and mixed with sugar and spices.
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1-1/4 cups (packed) dark brown sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks, broken in half
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 4-inch-long strip orange peel
- 2 750-ml bottles dry red wine
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 cups brandy
- 1 whole nutmeg
- Place the water, sugar, cinnamon sticks, cloves and orange peel in a large pot and bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Pour in the wine and heat until the mixture is heated through.
- Transfer the mixture to a punch bowl and add the orange juice and the lemon juice.
- Fill a ladle with brandy and hold over the punch bowl. Carefully ignite the brandy in the ladle and allow the flame to burn out.
- Add the remaining brandy and stir to combine.
- Garnish the punch with some nutmeg and serve.