- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: 8
Five-Spice Powder brings together all of the tastesÂ—sour, bitter, sweet, pungent, and saltyÂ—with its honorable blend of ground cinnamon, cloves, star anise, fennel seeds and Szechwan peppercorns.
- 8 (6 ounce) boneless pork center cut loin chops
- 4 tablespoons Chinese Five-Spice powder
- 4 tablespoons minced dried onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 tablespoons orange marmalade or apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce or oyster-flavored sauce
- Â¼ cup soy sauce or tamari
- Whisk together the marinade ingredients in a small bowl:
- Pour marinade equally into two large ziplock bags and add four pork chops to each bag.
- Seal bags and massage the marinade into the meat. Marinate 3 to 4 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat and spray with nonstick cooking spray or wipe with olive oil. Remove pork chops from the marinade and place on grill pan.
- Discard marinade.
- In two batches, cook chops 4 minutes on each side or until your desired doneness.
- To achieve crosshatch marks, rotate the chops a quarter of a turn after the first two minutes on each side.
- Remove from pan and tent with foil to keep warm while cooking the second batch.