- Prep: 8 hr
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 8 hr
- Serving: 750 ml spiced liqueur
Averna Amaro, a popular Italian digestif made of herbs, roots, spices and caramel, is infused with a five-spice mix of cinnamon, fennel seeds, cloves, crumbled star anise and minced, fresh ginger.
- 1 bottle (750 ml) Averna Amaro
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 heaping tablespoon fennel seeds
- 1 heaping tablespoon cloves
- 1 heaping tablespoon crumbled star anise
- 1 heaping tablespoon minced, fresh ginger
- Pour the Averna Amaro into a container and then add all of the spices. Securely close the container and then set in a cool, dry area for at least 8 hours, and no more than 24, to steep. Shake the container occasionally to mix ingredients.
- Strain the mixture through a fine mesh sieve and store in an airtight container until ready to use.