- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Enjoy the fresh and spicy flavors of this simple Mediterranean-inspired fish dish.
- 1 pound fresh or frozen catfish, red snapper, or sea bass fillets, cut 1/2 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pitted green olives
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pitted kalamata or ripe olives
- Rinse the fish under cold water and then pat dry with a paper towel.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the salsa with both kinds of olives to combine.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt and pepper.
- Dredge the fish in the flour mixture, shaking off any excess and set aside.
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking.
- Fry the fish fillets for about 4 minutes on each side until they flake easily with a fork.
- Spoon the salsa over the fish and cook for 1 additional minute. Serve immediately.