- Prep: 1 hr 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 1 hr 5 min
- Serving: Makes 20 Servings
This drink was first created in 1732 at the legendary Schuylkill Fishing Club in Philadelphia. Its blend of rum, lemon juice, brandy and peaches packs quite a punch so be careful when consuming.
- 3/4 cup superfine sugar
- 5 cups water
- 3 cups dark rum
- 3 cups fresh lemon juice
- 3 cups brandy or cognac
- 1 pint peach brandy
- 2 peaches, peeled and sliced to garnish
- Place the sugar, water, rum, lemon juice, brandy, and peach brandy into a large pitcher filled with ice.
- Stir the mixture to combine and then place in the refrigerator for 1 hour to chill.
- Garnish the drink with the peach slices and serve in pre-chilled glasses.