- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 6
You can use any fish of your choice in this chowder.
- 1 pound fish fillets
- 2 tablespoons chopped bacon
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 cup diced potatoes
- 2 cups milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- Cut fillets in 1 inch cubes.
- Fry bacon until crisp and browned.
- Add onions and brown slightly.
- Add water and potatoes and cook 10 minutes or until potatoes are partially tender.
- Add fish and cook until it can be flaked easily with a fork.
- Add milk and seasoning.
- Bring to a simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Stir occasionally.
- Serve immediately with chopped parsley sprinkled over the top.