- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 11 min
- Total: 26 min
- Serving: 2 Servings
Top hot and tender pieces of filet mignon with a generous pat of creamy caraway and cilantro seasoned butter. Serve with a bottle of American Merlot. The perfect dinner for two.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 (6 ounce) filet mignon, tied (about -1/2-inches-thick)
- Put the butter, cilantro, caraway, lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon sea salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper into a bowl and stir to blend.
- Place the butter mixture onto a piece of wax paper and roll in a cylinder shape. Place the butter into the refrigerator to firm.
- Put the oil in a medium-sized sauté pan or skillet over medium heat. When the oil is hot it will start to shimmer.
- Season the steaks with the remaining sea salt and freshly ground pepper, and add them to the pan. Sear the steaks for about 11 minutes, turning twice, for medium-rare doneness.
- Remove the strings from the steaks and place on 2 serving plates. Top with a pat of the prepared butter and serve immediately.