- Prep: 45 min
- Cook Time: 13 min
- Total: 58 min
Simple, elegant, delicious. An ideal meal for high-end entertaining, serve with a bottle of Mirassou Pinot Noir or a Pomerol.
- 4 (4-ounce) filet mignon, 2 inches thick
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled Danish blue cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced shallot
- Place the butter, blue cheese, shallot and 2 pinches of sea salt into a bowl and stir until thoroughly blended.
- Cover and put the butter mixture into the refrigerator to chill until firm.
- Prepare the grill on high heat after lightly brushing the grill rack with oil.
- Rub each tenderloin filet with olive oil and generously sprinkle with both salt and pepper.
- Place the meat on the grill and sear on both sides, then reduce the grill’s heat to medium-low, close the lid and cook for about 13 minutes for medium-rare doneness.
- Remove the meat from the grill, cover and let stand for 5 minutes before serving with a large pat of the blue cheese butter.