- Prep: 25 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: 6 Servings
Pairing sweet figs with citrus and nutty, buttery toasted pecans makes this salad a wonderful combination of flavors.
- 6 cups mesclun
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 1 8- or 9-ounce package dried figs, cut into thin wedges (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1-1/3 cups orange sections (4 oranges)
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup pecan pieces, toasted
- Place the mesclun and the green onions into a salad bowl and toss to combine.
- In a small bowl, place the olive oil, orange peel and vinegar together, and whisk until blended.
- Before serving, drizzle the vinaigrette over the salad, and then gently toss to coat. Scatter in the figs and the orange sections and then add a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Toss once more to combine.
- Sprinkle the salad with the toasted pecans and serve.