- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
This delicious vinaigrette, made with fresh figs, balsamic vinegar and maple syrup, is a truly decadent and rich addition to your favorite salad.
- 5 fresh figs, stems removed
- 6 tablespoons good quality balsamic vinegar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Grade B maple syrup
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Place the figs, balsamic vinegar and maple syrup into a food processor, and process the mixture until smooth. With the processor’s motor running on low, slowly pour the olive oil down the processor chute and continue to blend until combined.
- Season the vinaigrette with a few pinches of salt and pepper to taste, and then serve immediately.