- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 2 Servings
This is such a unique pasta dish that is especially appropriate for entertaining. Use creamy chevre goat cheese which will melt when combined with the warm pasta to create a luxurious sauce.
- whole wheat spaghetti, for 2 people
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 small lemon, juice and zest
- 1 big bunch of fresh spinach
- 6 ounces goat cheese plus extra to garnish
- 1/2 cup walnut halves, roasted with salt in a dry pan or in the oven
- 5 fresh ripe figs, cut in quarters
- sea salt and freshly gorund black pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta ‘al dente’ according to package directions, drain and return to the pot.
- In the meantime, place the oil in large sauté pan over medium heat and add the garlic. Cook for 30 seconds and then pour in the wine and then lemon juice. Stir the mixture to combine and then add the spinach and goat cheese.
- Simmer the mixture over medium-low heat for 3 minutes and then add the cooked spaghetti, the figs and the walnuts. Toss well to combine and then sprinkle with some salt and fresh pepper. Serve immediately garnished with some additional goat cheese and lemon zest.