- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 18 min
- Total: 28 min
- Serving: Makes about 1-1/2 cups
This sweet and citrusy glaze made with cinnamon, cumin and balsamic vinegar pairs beautifully with roasted pork tenderloin or grilled chicken.
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- Dash white pepper
- Dash ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped orange segments
- 10 dried figs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Combine the broth, sugar, molasses, vinegar, cumin, salt, pepper and cinnamon in a large saucepan and mix with a wire whisk over medium heat.
- Add the oranges and the figs and bring mixture to a boil.
- After the mixture boils for 1 minute, reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered for about 15 minutes.
- Stir in the water and allow the mixture to cool. Pour into a blender and process until smooth.