- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 7 hr
- Total: 7 hr 15 min
- Serving: 8
Brought to you from Healthy Crockery Cookery by Mable Hoffman.
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 lb. hamburger
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 14-16 oz. jar thick and chunky salsa
- 16 oz. whole-kernel corn, drained
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 2 oz. reduced fat cheddar cheese, shredded (1/2 cup)
- In a large bowl, mix cornmeal and broth.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir in beef, chili powder, cumin, salsa, corn and olives.
- Pour into a 3 1/2 quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low 5 to 7 hours or until set. Sprinkle cheese over top.
- Cover and cook another 5 minutes or until cheese melts.