- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total: 17 min
- Serving: 4
Add a little spice to your life with this fiery pork dish using Jamaican Jerk seasoning. These pork chops are cooled down and sweetened up with the flavor of tropical pineapple. This recipe, which is sponsored by the National Pork Board, is perfect for a summer BBQ.
- 4 boneless pork chops, 1/2-inch thick
- 4 teaspoons Jamaican Jerk seasoning
- 1/3 cup hot pepper jelly
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 4 slices fresh pineapple (cored, 1/2-inch thick) or canned pineapple rings
- Coat chops with jerk seasoning; set aside for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, microwave jelly, pineapple juice and ginger on High for 30 to 60 seconds or until melted.
- Grill pork over medium-high heat for 5 to 6 minutes per side, turning once. Baste frequently with glaze.
- During last 3 minutes of grilling time, place pineapple rings on the grill. Baste with jelly mixture. Grill pineapple until heated through.
- Serve pork chops with pineapple.