- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 4 people
A quick, creamy fettuccine alfredo.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound fettuccine
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Fresh basil leaves
- In a large heat resistant bowl beat butter on low until smooth. Add the cheese and cream and mix well.
- In a large saucepan bring water to a boil, lightly salt, then cook pasta according to the directions. Drain well.
- Immediately add the pasta to the butter mix. Toss the fettuccine, using 2 forks, until well covered. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
- Chop the basil until you have roughly 1/4 cup worth. Divide the pasta among 4 bowls and sprinkle with the basil.