- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: 2 Servings
Fresh basil, cherry tomatoes, red onion and feta cheese make the sweet and savory filling for this colorful breakfast or brunch omelet.
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 of a small red onion, sliced thinly
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 6 small cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 teaspoon oil or butter, to fry
- Place the eggs into a bowl and whisk until frothy. Add a pinch of salt and pepper, whisk again to blend and then set aside.
- Put the oil into a frying pan over medium heat. Once the oil is hot and beginning to shimmer, add the beaten egg and cook for 2-1/2 minutes until the egg has just set. Top the egg with the feta cheese and then add the onion, basil and tomatoes.
- Season with a bit of salt and pepper and then fold the omelet in half; cook for an additional 2 minutes before transferring to a plate. Serve immediately.