- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr 15 min
- Total: 1 hr 25 min
- Serving: Makes 10 (1/2 cup) servings
Salty and creamy feta makes the perfect contrast to these sweet, roasted beets. Serve on a bed of baby greens, dressed with a simple lemon and olive oil dressing.
- 2 pounds beets, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup baby greens, rinsed and dried
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice form 1/2 lemon
- Sea salt, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and brush a roasting pan with olive oil.
- Put the beet into the prepared pan, sprinkle with a few pinches of salt, and then toss to coat. Spread the beets evenly in the pan, cover with foil and then place in the oven for 1 hour.
- Raise the oven temperature to 450 degrees, remove the foil from the beets and drizzle with the olive oil. Cook the beets for 15 minutes, stirring once after 8 minutes, and then take the beets out of the oven and set aside to cool.
- In the meantime, whisk the olive oil, lemon juice and a pinch of salt in a small bowl. Place the baby greens into a salad bowl, drizzle with a few tablespoons of the dressing and toss to coat.
- Place the cooled beets onto the dressed baby greens and then top with the crumbled feta and the remaining dressing. Serve immediately.