- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: 6 Servings
Adding feta cheese to this recipe for hummus gives the Middle Eastern spread an enjoyable tangy flavor, and creates the perfect contrast to the sweet, roasted red peppers.
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained (juices reserved)
- 1/2 cup canned roasted red peppers
- 1/4 cup Greek feta cheese, plus some to garnish
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked or sweet paprika
- pinch of salt, to taste
- Place the chickpeas, the reserved liquid, the red peppers, feta, garlic, tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, cumin, paprika and salt into a food processor. Blend the mixture until smooth and then serve garnished with some additional crumbled feta.