- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 4
Festive Homestyle Chowder is jazzed up with bacon.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 5 cups milk
- 3 large potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1, 8 ounce package imitation king crab, flakes or chunks
- Melt butter in Dutch oven on medium. Stir in celery and onion; cook and stir until tender. Stir in flour, thyme and pepper.
- Gradually add milk, stirring constantly. Add potatoes. Bring to a boil; simmer 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally. Add bacon and crab. Heat 5 minutes more.