- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: 2 Servings
Bright and vibrant with a mix of juicy and crisp texture, enjoy this fennel, beet and orange salad drizzled with a fresh citrus-based dressing.
- 1 fennel bulb, washed and trimmed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fennel fronds
- 4 small beets
- 3 tablespoons orange juice, divided
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 3 oranges peeled and cut into slices
- Use a mandolin or a food processor to slice the fennel into very thin slices and then place into a bowl.
- Add the fennel fronds to the bowl, along with 2 tablespoons of orange juice, 2 teaspoons of olive oil and a few pinches of salt and pepper. Gently toss the mixture to combine and then set aside.
- Grate the beets with a mandolin or a food processor and then place into a bowl with the orange zest and remaining orange juice and olive oil. Gently toss to combine.
- Place the sliced oranges onto a plate and top with the beet mixture followed by the fennel mixture. Serve immediately.