- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: 6 Servings
Crisp and crunchy textures are complimented by lovely hints on anise, citrus and toasted nuts in this delightful and colorful salad.
- 1 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 2 small bulbs fennel, trimmed
- 1 small head radicchio, cored and trimmed
- 2 hearts of romaine, chopped
- Flaky salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces pecorino cheese, freshly grated
- FOR THE DRESSING:
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Place the pecans in a small skillet and toast over medium heat, stirring often, until golden and fragrant.
- Use a mandolin to finely slice the fennel and the radicchio and then place into a bowl with the chopped romaine, toasted pecans and pecorino cheese.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, rice vinegar, soy sauce and olive oil. Add a few pinches of salt and pepper to taste and then whisk once again until blended.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss gently to combine. Season the salad to taste with additional salt and pepper if needed, and then serve.