- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Fennel seeds add hints of flavor similar to that of anise, while the dill provides fresh zest and color in this simple chicken dish.
- 1-1/2 pounds chicken breast cutlets
- 2 1/2 teaspoons fennel seeds, coarsely crushed
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 2 pieces
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Season the chicken on both sides with the fennel and a few pinches of salt and pepper.
- Place the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook for 3 minutes, turning twice, or until cooked through and no longer pink inside.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and place on a plate, tenting with foil to keep warm.
- Deglaze the skillet by adding the wine and scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add the lemon juice to the pan and then remove from heat. Stir in the butter and dill and season to taste with salt and pepper. Spoon the sauce over the chicken and serve immediately.