- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Fennel and carrot add delicate texture and taste to this vegetarian pasta dish.
- 1 bulb fennel (about 1 pound), cored an cut into thin strips
- 4 ounces bow-tie, gemelli, or corkscrew pasta
- 2 large carrots, cut into thin strips (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups shredded radicchio or fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta al dente according to package directions, adding the fennel and the carrot for the last five minutes, and adding an additional 5 minutes to the cooking time. Drain well and return pasta mixture to pot.
- In the meantime, place the olive oil into a small sauté pan over medium heat, and add the onion and the garlic. Cook the mixture for 3 minutes and then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add the onion mixture, radicchio and Parmesan cheese to the pot with the pasta and toss to combine. Transfer the pasta to a serving dish and serve immediately.