- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: 6-8 People
This meatloaf recipe is a great tasting twist on a classic meat loaf recipe. Use turkey for the meat loaf and it's delicious and low in cholesterol, too.
- 3 slices soft bread (any kind will work)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 3/4 pound ground turkey
- 4 mushrooms, minced
- 1/2 cup Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, minced
- 1/4 cup minced onion, or 2 teaspoons dried, minced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1. Tear bread into pieces and put into a large mixing bowl; add remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- 2. Form lightly into a loaf and place in a shallow baking pan or bread pan.
- 3. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes at 350 degrees F, or until internal temperature reaches 175 degrees F.
- 4. If desired, spread 3 tablespoons of ketchup or chili sauce over the top of the loaf before baking.