- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: 6 Servings
Fattoush is a classic Middle Eastern dish full of vibrant and healthy ingredients, and fresh and robust flavor.
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 to 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Sea salt and fresh pepper to taste
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 2 small cucumbers, small dice
- 2 cups of fresh tomatoes, quartered in bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped mint leaves
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 3 scallions, finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon sumac
- 2 pieces of pita bread toasted until golden brown, broken into pieces the size of a quarter
- Place the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic and a few pinches of salt and pepper into a bowl and whisk well to combine.
- Put the lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, parsley, mint, green pepper, scallions, sumac and toasted pita bread into a large bowl and then add the prepared dressing. Toss the mixture well to combine and then serve.