- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 4 min
- Total: 4 min
- Serving: 2-4 People
French dip sandwiches are a classic, café comfort food staple. Butter-crisped rolls are piled high with mounds of warmed beef, then served alongside a savory au jus broth for dipping.
You don't have to head to your local sandwich shop to get yourself a fast, delicious French dip sandwich. Here is the quicked, easiest way to get dinner out of the oven in no time at all. (Look for au jus mix in the instant gravy section of your local supermarket.)
- 4 hard rolls, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound deli roast beef, shaved
- 1 package au jus mix
- Spread butter on the cut side of the rolls. Place buttered rolls on a cookie sheet, butter side up, and broil in a preheated oven just until lightly browned around the edges (about 2 to 4 minutes).
- In a large saucepan, mix au jus according to package directions. Add the roast beef to the au jus and bring to a boil.
- Using a pair of tongs, remove the meat from the saucepan and place on top of the buttered rolls. Transfer remaining juice from the pan into small ramekins.
- Serve the sandwiches immediately, with the au jus for dipping.