- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: 6
This rustic Italian salad of tomatoes, mozzarella, and crusty bread in vinaigrette is a simple dish that lets superb ingredients shine.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 loaf of crusty bread
- 5 medium tomatoes
- Handful of basil, chopped
- 1 container bite-size, fresh mozzarella balls (or 3 medium-size balls of fresh mozzarella)
- Olive oil, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine the garlic and balsamic vinegar in a large bowl. Let it rest while prepping other ingredients.
- Let it rest while prepping other ingredients.
- Cut bread into 1-inch cubes and broil in the oven until toasted. Set aside and let cool.
- Cut tomatoes into large chunks and place in the bowl with the garlic and vinegar. Add the basil and mozzarella balls to the bowl (if using medium-size balls, cut into bite-size pieces).
- Drizzle in olive oil and add salt and pepper to taste. Toss ingredients together. Mix in the bread cubes a few minutes before serving to prevent them from getting soggy.