- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: Serves 4
Rather than slice eggplant into rounds, make eggplant fries. Your kids will love them!
- 1 eggplant
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- Remove the stem end of the eggplant and slice lengthwise into 1/2-inch slices. Sprinkle salt over slices and let rest for 10 minutes to draw out juices.
- Pat the slices dry; cut into strips about the width of a finger.
- Heat about a 1/2-inch of vegetable oil in a cast iron pan.
- Make an egg wash by beating the egg and water. Coat each piece of eggplant in the wash, then dredge in bread crumbs.
- Carefully add the eggplant to the pan and rotate with tongs until all sides are golden brown. Work in batches so that you don’t crowd the pan. Serve with a side of marinara sauce for dipping.