- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total: 22 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Use tuna packed in olive oil instead of the water or brine-packed variety. The oil gives the fish extra flavor and a moister texture that pairs well with the warm pasta. Serve this simple lunch or dinner dish with a glass of Italian Pinot Grigio.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil plus 2 teaspoons
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 3 (5-oz) cans Italian tuna, packed in oil, drained and flaked
- 1 pound dried farfalle (bow tie pasta)
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Prepare the pasta according to package directions, drain (reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid) and place into a large bowl.
- In the meantime, put 2 teaspoon of oil into a small sauté pan and add the garlic. Sauté for 1 minute and then place the garlic into the bowl with the pasta. Add the tuna, reserved cooking liquid, zest, juice, garlic and oil, capers, parsley and gently toss to combine. Serve immediately.