- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
The spicy flavor of the sausage blends beautifully with the sweet red peppers in this hearty Italian-inspired dish.
- 8 ounces uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 pound fresh spicy Italian sausage links, cut into 1-inch
- 2 medium sweet peppers, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth or beef broth
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- Prepare the farfalle according to package directions, drain and then place back into pan and drizzle with the oil. Toss to coat.
- Meanwhile, in a large sauté pan, cook the sausage with the sweet pepper over medium-high heat until the sausage has browned, and then pour in the broth, scraping up any bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Bring the broth to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the sausage mixture with pepper and then pour over the pasta. Toss well to coat and serve immediately.