- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 26 min
- Total: 36 min
- Serving: 8 servings
Tossing Farfalle pasta with ripe seasonal tomatoes, cucumbers, and fresh basil makes a delicious side dish salad. Serve it with a bottle of chilled Chardonnay.
- 1 box (500 greams) Farfalle pasta
- 1/3 cup(s) plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small seedless cucumber, sliced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Cook the farfalle ‘al dente’ according to package directions, drain and then return back to the cooking pot. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and toss to coat.
- Place the remaining oil into a large salad bowl and whisk thoroughly with the vinegar and a few pinches of salt and pepper. Add the cooled pasta, the red onion, cucumber, tomato, basil and additional salt and pepper to taste. Toss well to combine and then serve.