- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 4
Far East Potato Taffel is made with lamb.
- 1, 24 ounce package frozen Southern-style hashed brown potatoes with butter sauce and onions
- 1 1/2 cups cooked lamb, diced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons pimento, diced
- peanuts, coconut, raisins and chutney
- Brown potatoes in large skillet. Stir in lamb. Blend next 6 ingredients with 1 cup water in small bowl. Add to potato mixture. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and thickens.
- Spoon into serving dish. Sprinkle with pimento. Serve with peanuts, coconut, raisins and chutney.