- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 22 min
- Total: 42 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
This dish is an all-time family favorite for adults and kids alike. For a modern twist, substitute the sour cream for plain Greek yogurt.
- 1-1/2 pounds beef tenderloin, cut into 2x1/4-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 12 ounces sliced mushrooms
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/ teaspoon basil
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup sour cream
- In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter and sauté the onion for 4 minutes.
- Add the beef in 2-3 batches, and brown the strips for about 3 minutes on each side. Remove from the pan and set aside, keeping warm.
- Add the additional 2 tablespoons butter and sauté the mushrooms for about 2 minutes.
- Place the beef back into the pan and season the entire mixture with salt and pepper, a sprinkle of grated nutmeg and some basil.
- Pour in the wine and bring to a simmer and then stir in the sour cream. Heat just until heated through. Serve over egg noodles or rice pilaf.