- Prep: 25 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total: 1 hr 25 min
- Serving: 6
A bit of a twist, lemon twist that is, on a traditional favorite, Fabulous Sweet Potatoes burst with lemon flavor.
- 4 sweet potatoes, cut diagonally
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Boil all ingredients, except potatoes, 5 minutes.
- Peel sweet potatoes and place in buttered baking dish. Pour cooked syrup over potatoes.
- Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees F, basting frequently.