- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: 6-8 People
Alma Mater Mealtime can include your favorite college finger foods -- queso dip included. Break out the tortilla chips and pom poms, because this queso dip is cheer-worthy!
- 12 ounces grated Monterey Jack cheese w/jalapeno pepper (or Monterrey Jack cheese with one 4-ounce can of green chilies, drained, finely chopped)
- 3/4 cup to 1 cup half and half
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Using a box grater, grate the cheese.
- Put the cheese, half and half and the seasonings in a metal or glass bowl over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Stir until it is melted. You may need more half and half to thin out the queso. Serve the dip with some tortilla chips.