- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 8
Make the sauce for Gingered Fruit a day ahead and refrigerate. When ready to serve, heat sauce over low heat just until warm, then pour over fruit.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 lemons
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger root, peeled and finely chopped
- 8 cups assorted fresh fruit such as canteloupe, pineapple, strawberries, blueberries
- Combine sugar and cornstarch in small saucepan. Zest one lemon to measure 1 teaspoon zest. Juice lemons to measure 1/4 cup juice. Add water, lemon juice, zest and ginger root to saucepan; whisk together.
- Bring sugar mixture to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 4 to 6 minutes or until sauce thickens, stirring occasionally. Cool slightly.
- Place fruit in a large serving bowl. Pour sauce over fruit; mix lightly.