- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: Yields 4 wraps
Crunchy chicken, veggie and cashew lettuce wraps made with Kellogg's All-Bran® cereal
Tip: For extra zip, serve with sweet Thai chili sauce.
- 500 grams (1 pound) ground chicken or turkey
- 15 millilitres (1 tablespoon) minced ginger
- 8 shiitake mushrooms
- 1 small carrot
- 2 green onions
- 30 millilitres (2 tablespoons) hoisin sauce
- 30 millilitres (2 tablespoons) water
- 125 millilitres (1/2 cup) All-Bran Buds® or All-Bran Original® cereal
- 50 millilitres (1/4 cup) cashews
- 8 to 12 lettuce leaves (leaf, Boston or iceberg)
- Heat oil in a skillet over high heat. Cook chicken until browned, breaking it up into small pieces with back of a spoon, about 10 minutes. Add ginger and cook one minute. Transfer to plate.
- Add remaining oil to the same skillet and cook mushrooms until golden, about two minutes. Add carrot and green onion, and cook one minute. Add chicken and any accumulated juices back to the skillet, and toss with hoisin sauce and water. Sprinkle with cereal and cashews. Remove from heat, cover and let sit for five minutes.
- To serve: Divide filling between lettuce leaves. Roll up and serve.