- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 3 min
- Total: 8 min
- Serving: Rub for 2 1-inch steak
It may seem peculiar to add ground coffee, espresso in particular, to a dry steak rub but it actually brings out the natural flavor of the meat and gives it a rich burst of flavor that is sure to be remembered.
- 1/2 cup ancho or chile powder
- 1/4 cup finely ground espresso coffee
- 4 tablespoons hot or sweet smoked Spanish paprika
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dry yellow mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon powdered ginger
- 2 tablespoons chipotle chile powder
- Place all of the ingredients into a bowl and mix well to combine.
- Rub the spice mixture on both sides of your steak and then let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes prior to cooking.