- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 45 min
- Serving: 6
Escalloped Cabbage is a creamy side dish that goes great with thinly sliced Corned Beef.
- 1 medium head cabbage, shredded coarsely
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small can pimento
- 1, 8 ounce package sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, paprika, dry mustard
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- Cook cabbage in salted water about 3 minutes. Drain well.
- Cook together the soup, pepper, pimento and onions about 5 minutes. Then add cheese. Season with salt, paprika and dry mustard.
- Add sauce to drained cabbage and place in a greased casserole. Top with bread crumbs. Cover and bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees F.