- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: 4 hr
- Total: 4 hr 30 min
- Serving: 16
- 16 slices day-old, firm-textured white bread (about 1 small loaf)
- 1 3/4 c. milk
- 1 pkg. mixed dried fruit (8 oz.) cut into small pieces
- 1/2 c. chopped nuts
- 1 med. apple, cored and chopped
- 1/4 c. butter or margarine, melted
- 1/3 c. packed brown sugar
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- Tear bread, with crusts, into 1- to 2-inch pieces. Place in crock pot.
- Pour milk over bread.
- Let soak 30 minutes.
- Stir in dried fruit, nuts and apple.
- Combine remaining ingredients in small bowl.
- Pour over bread mixture.
- Stir well to blend.
- Cover and cook on low 3 1/2 to 4 hours or until skewer inserted in center comes out clean.