- Prep: 25 min
- Cook Time: 16 min
- Total: 41 min
- Serving: Serves 4
When the summer starts winding down, visit you farmer’s market to get the ingredients for this salad so you can enjoy the fresh tastes of summer before the season ends.
- 1 pound baby new potatoes, halved
- 1 pound green beans (or mix of green and yellow), trimmed
- 8 cups (loosely packed) mixed salad greens
- 1/3 cup (packed) small fresh basil leaves
- 12 ounces assorted small tomatoes
- 1/2 cup black Kalamata olives
- 7 tablespoons of your choice of vinaigrette
- 1, 11-inch log goat cheese cut into 1/2 slices
- 4 tablespoons lightly toasted shelled sunflower seeds
- Scrub the potatoes and then place in steamer for 12 minutes. Remove and set aside to cool.
- Add the green beans to the steamer and steam for 4 minutes. Remove and set aside to cool.
- Combine all the greens in a large serving bowl and toss with 3 tablespoons of your choice of vinaigrette, until the greens are well coated.
- In another bowl, toss the potatoes and the green beans with 3 tablespoons of vinaigrette to coat.
- Place the potatoes and green beans in the bowl with the salad and top with the remaining tablespoon of vinaigrette, olives, seeds, tomatoes and the goat cheese.