- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total: 1 hr
- Serving: 6
Enchilada Squares are a festival full of flavor.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cups evaporated milk
- 1, 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 envelope enchilada sauce mix
- 1/3 cup pitted ripe olives
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups corn tortillas
- Cook beef and onion in skillet until beef is browned and onion is tender. Drain off excess fat. Spread beef in bottom of a 10 by 6 by 1 1/2 inch baking dish.
- Beat together eggs, milk, tomato sauce and enchilada sauce mix; pour over meat layer. Sprinkle with olives; top with corn tortillas.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes or until firm in center. Sprinkle with cheese and return to oven for an additonal 5 to 8 minutes.