- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 12
Empires are raspberry filled cookies fit for a emperor.
- 1/4 pound butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 cups raspberry jam
- confectioner's sugar for dusting
- Cream butter and sugar, add egg.
- Sift dry ingredients. Combine with creamed mixture and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Roll out and cut with round cookie cutter. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes. Let cool.
- Place jam between 2 cookies. Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.