- Prep: 3 hr 15 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 3 hr 20 min
- Serving: 10-12
Festive, bright green Emerald Salad Ring is served on a bed of lettuce and the center is filled with fresh fruit.
- 3 packages lime jello
- 3/4 cups hot water
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 3/4 cup unpeeled grated cucumber
- 2 tablespoon onion, grated
- 1 cup mayonaise
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup fresh mangoes, orange and grapefruit segments
- Dissolve unflavored gelatin in cold water. Dissolve lime jello in hot water. Add unflavored gelatin to it and stir until dissolved. Cool.
- When it begins to set, stir in remaining ingredients---except fruits.
- Place in oil ring mold. Chill to set completely. Unmold onto a large platter. Fill center with fruits. Garnish with slivered almonds.