- Prep: 1 hr 15 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total: 2 hr 15 min
- Serving: 6
Elk Parmesan is a tasty hunter's delight.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless elk
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 cup dry Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 slice Mozzarella cheese
- hot cooked pasta
- chopped parsley for garnishing
- Cut meat into 6 pieces and pound to tenderize. Sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper. Combine bread crumbs and Parmesan in a bowl.
- In another bowl, beat eggs with water. Dip meat in flour and then in egg mixture. Press each side of meat into the crumb mixture. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in skillet. Brown meat on both sides. Place meat in a greased 9 by 13 inch baking pan. Spoon 2 tablespoons of spaghetti sauce over each piece. Cover each piece with Mozzarella and top with remaining sauce.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until tender. Serve with pasta and garnish with parsley.