- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 12 servings
Sweet fried bread resmebling elephant ears!
- 1 pacakge dry yeat
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 cups flour
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- cinnamon sugar (set aside)
- Soften the yeast using the warm water.
- Combine all the ingredients except the cinnamon sugar, work until well mixed.
- Divide into 12 pieces, then allow it to sit for 10 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out each ball and stretch by hand until circular.
- Heat vegetable oil in a cast iron skillet.
- Place the circular dough into the grease and cook, turning once, until bubbled and golden brown.
- Using a spatula remove and place on paper towels, immediately sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.