- Prep: 25 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: Makes 20 triangle sandwiches
The perfect light tea sandwich for a wedding or baby shower, these hors d'œuvre have a creamy artichoke filling that’s delicious with every bite.
- 2, 14-ounce cans artichoke hearts in water, drained and chopped
- 1-1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 20 slices white or wheat sandwich bread
- Mix together the artichokes, mayonnaise, onion powder, garlic powder, dried parsley and cayenne in a medium bowl. Add salt and pepper and season to taste.
- Place an even amount of the mixture on 10 slices of bread. Top the sandwiches with the remaining bread slices, cut off all of the crusts and then cut each sandwich diagonally to form 2 triangular pieces.
- Place the sandwiches on a serving dish and wrap with cling film. Refrigerate the sandwiches for at least 5 hours until serving.