- Prep: 6 hr
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total: 7 hr
- Serving: 4-6
Eggs Portugal is an easy, make ahead brunch dish that will surely get everyone out of bed.
- 8 slices of white bread
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cooked bacon crumbled, or chopped ham
- 4 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup dijon style mustard
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Layer with bread.
- Sprinkle evenly with cheese, bacon or ham.
- Mix together eggs, milk and mustard. Pour in pan. Refrigerate 6-8 hours or overnight.
- Before baking spread top evenly with mushroom soup.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour.