- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: 4 People
Hollandaise sauce can be time-consuming and difficult to make, so spare yourself the trouble and buy it premade. As far as egg dishes go, this easy eggs benedict recipe cannot be beat.
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 package (6-ounces) Canadian bacon
- 6 cups water
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 4 eggs
- 2 English muffins, split and toasted
- 1 package (1 1/4 oz) hollandaise sauce already prepared
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Slowly heat the hollandaise sauce on the stove over low heat. In a large frying pan, melt the butter over low heat and cook the Canadian bacon for 2 to 3 minutes per side until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile in another large skillet, bring the vinegar and water to a boil. Crack the eggs one at a time and carefully drop each one into the boiling water mixture. Cook for 5-6 minutes or until the eggs are firm on the outside.
- Place the toasted English muffin halves on a plate and top each half with a slice or two of Canadian bacon followed by an egg.
- Garnish the eggs with some hollandaise sauce and serve immediately.